The Magic of Meditation
A Beginner’s Guide to Buddhist Meditation
This two-week series is designed for beginners and those wishing to return to meditation basics. You will
- learn the essentials of Buddhist meditation practice
- gain experience of different meditations
- take away practical tools to apply in daily life
- understand the role of meditation in nurturing your potential for inner peace and lasting happiness
- appreciate the wider impact meditation has for creating happiness in society and peace in the world
This course is based on Buddhist teachings, but you don’t need to be Buddhist to attend. Seating is on chairs and you don’t need to wear any special clothing.
Everyone is welcome!
The classes at KMC Fraser Valley guide us on a path of positive inner development, and attending the centre provides a structure which keeps our practise strong, enabling us to keep a positive mind during challenging times.
KMC Fraser Valley was founded by Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche – a renowned meditation master and scholar who has founded over 1,100 meditation centres throughout the world. He presents the teachings of Buddha in a way that is easy to understand and put into practise, positively transforming every aspect of our life.
Classes are suitable for all levels and begin with a guided meditation followed by a talk on how we can apply it to our daily life, followed by a final meditation.
The classes are based on Buddhist teachings but you don’t need to be Buddhist to attend. Seating is on chairs and you don’t need to wear any special clothing.