Learn to Meditate
in half a day
This course is designed for beginners and those wishing to go back to meditation basics. In it you will:
- learn the essentials of Buddhist meditation
- gain experience of 3 different meditations
- take away practical tools to apply in daily life
- find that you can successfully maintain a balanced, peaceful mind and a positive approach to all that life throws at you
- appreciate the wider impact meditation has for creating happiness in society and peace in the world
This course is based on Buddhist teachings but you don’t need to be Buddhist to attend. Seating is on chairs and you don’t need to wear any special clothing.
Everyone is welcome!
Gen Kelsang Delek is the Resident Teacher of Kadampa Meditation Centre Fraser Valley. Originally from England she has studied and practiced Kadampa Buddhism for over 30 years, teaching internationally in England, Japan and Canada. She has lived and taught in Canada since 1997. We are very fortunate to have her as our resident teacher at KMC Fraser Valley.
Our lives are busy and pressured which takes its toll on our mental and physical health, relationships and wellbeing.
To transform this we need to learn meditation and apply it systematically in our daily life.
In this short course Gen Delek will teach you how to meditate and give you encouragement to apply meditation in your daily life, even when encountering challenging situations.
The course is suitable for all levels and will be divided into two parts, each including guided meditation and a talk. The course is based on Buddhist teachings but you don’t need to be Buddhist to attend. Seating is on chairs and you don’t need to wear any special clothing.